Share This Article
Etsy is a marketplace for unique, handcrafted, or vintage items sold by everyday people.
Selling on Etsy is a fantastic idea; it is the world’s sixth-largest online marketplace, with over 46 million users. Putting your product on Etsy puts it in the spotlight, virtually guaranteeing that people from all over the world will see it. But do you know how to sell on Etsy?
People are excited to support small businesses right now, so it’s a great time to start selling on Etsy. The impact of the pandemic on small businesses has received a lot of media attention, and the community’s support could be a great starting point for a new Etsy shop.
Below we show you how to sell on Etsy, setting up your Etsy store and selling your first product.
Take a day before you sign up for Etsy to make your brand first— the name of your shop, your shop logo, and the banner of your shop. Choose a unique and eye-catching name.
Create your Etsy account
You will need an Etsy account to open a shop. If you’ve previously purchased from Etsy, you can use the same account and simply click “Sell with Etsy” near the top middle-right of any page.
If you do not already have an Etsy account, you must create one. Simply go to Etsy.com, click “Sign In” in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then “Register” in the new pop-up window. Follow the prompts to enter your email address and new password, then confirm your account.
Once your Etsy account/store is set up, you can begin by posting an opening announcement and filling out your profile information.
Your shop’s banner and logo should be included in your opening announcement. This will make it clear to customers and other retailers what your shop/brand is all about.
You should include a nice photo of yourself as well as an interesting story. How did your company get started? What prompted you to create/discover these one-of-a-kind items? You could also include a video explaining how your product is made to reach out to customers. People appreciate passion, so share yours.
You can include information on the unique process of product creation or outline details such as organic ingredients or sustainable practices. When you create your Etsy account, the information you include in your profile will help customers and the Etsy community learn more about you and your business.
When a listing is created, Etsy charges a fee of $.20 regardless of whether the product sells.
A transaction fee – Etsy will charge you 6.5% of the sale price (including postage and packaging fees) when you make a sale.
Offsite ads fee (optional) – If you allow Etsy to advertise your listings, you’ll be charged 15% on sales made from an offsite ad. You can select not to have your products advertised.
Reviews are important for your shop so make sure you receive good reviews for your products and customer service so customers can trust you and come again to order your products.
Products uploading guideline on Etsy:
- Now Start listing products on your shop. Select best photos of your products which can decide how more sales you got. For that you have to choose which category you are selling like lifestyle, Art related products,baby products,clothing, logo service, etc… .You have to check photos clean background, Different angles, Accurate sizing, proper lighting, theme and photo editing, you can use GIMP, Canva, and Fotor are free and simple photo editing Software that are available for both Windows and macOS.
- Make sure to write a Simple, Shot and Clear Title of product so the customer easily understand your product and but it.
- After Title product’s Description is most important as each and every word matters. in it write your products main key features. Tell your products benefits to customers. But make sure to write a short and cover all bullet points in it because no one have time to read long description. The main thing discover in your description is to link your product with another one in your shop. For example, if you are selling women’s clothing and also offer kids clothing then include a link of it because who doesn’t love matching.
- Search Engine Optimization — SEO – is the internet’s enchantment. It’s how certain pages, such as how to make money on Etsy, appear near the top of a Google search (which hopefully led you here). Etsy has its own algorithm, which you should understand in order to get the best results.
- When a user types something into Etsy’s search bar, results are generated based on titles, tags, categories, and attributes. Etsy then ranks them based on relevancy, quality, recentness, shop location, shipping price, language, and other factors.
- Right Price : You add all your products cost and then add your margin after it put price for your products.
- If you have any problem or question then etsy have a community called etsy community for your help where you can ask anything there and there were many peoples who already been passed from your situation so you find solution there. You also share your knowledge and Discover many new ideas.
- For more and steady Sales you need to promote your shop on etsy. You can start your advertising just at 1$ everyday on etsy so small business owner also can use this feature. According to a recent survey, advertisers who kept their campaigns running for five years saw a 100 percent increase in sales. you can promote your shop on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest Social media apps as at this time every one using it most.
- Improve Customer Loyalty : Once you have customers, you must find a way to keep them coming back. here you can go for it:
- Create Couple and Run a Sale for your shop.you can do it in a specific country or every where else.
- Encourage new customers to subscribe to your email newsletter.
- On social media create a page where audience can interact.
You are ready to earn money through selling on etsy. it’s obvious that one should do hard work for making a profitable business.